For the most important meal of the day yesterday I had the last of my paleo pumpkin walnut muffins 😦 Topped with peanut butter and a banana. So good!
On the way to the gym I drank my pre workout mix!
I started with 15 minutes of cardio on the elliptical then I went straight into weights.
- Tricep dips on machine (you want your arms at 90 degrees on the way down) — super set with tricep push ups. ( I do tricep push ups girl style on my knees because they are hard. Try to keep your arms close to your body so you really feel it in the triceps muscle.
- Tricep cable push downs — super set with tricep push ups (By this time I’m only doing 3-4 tricep push ups if any)- But Keep trying!!
- Goblet Squats – with 20 lb dumbbell
- Straight leg abs
- Mountain Climbers- 30
- Standing Oblique crunches with 25lb plate- 10 each side
Repeat ab sequence for a total of 3 times
- Seated Overhead tricep Extension with dumbbell — super set with Russian twists with ball on an incline bench
- One legged dead lifts — hold leg in the air as long as you can- 5 each leg. Repeat for 3 rounds
- Cable Tricep Kickback- alternating arms — super set with 3 way calf raises- (15 each way for total of 45)
- Cable Tricep Pull down with Rope
This was a “steady state tempo training” workout. This kind of workout improved my aerobic fitness, endurance, and muscles. It also helped develop my body’s ability to sustain high intensity efforts longer.
I burned I whopping 664 calories in 1 hour and 22 minutes!
I hear people say that they don’t have time to work out and especially with the cold weather I know people do not like to leave their cozy houses.
I want to sit by the fireplace too….But after the gym!
Well you don’t always have to leave your house but you do have to leave your couch and you can get fit INDOORS! A lot of these exercises can be modified to do in your homes with little equipment.
Get your workout on!
Have a good weekend everybody!