I just found out a new cupcake shop opened near me! It’s called Gigi’s Cupcakes and I need to check it out ASAP. I think we are going to go Friday night, hopefully! They have carrot cake and salted caramel tomorrow. I can’t wait to try them! You can check out their weekly menu and go get your favorite flavor! I visited a Gigi’s cupcakes in Gatlinburg Tennessee this past summer so I am very excited that they are here in Kentucky!
After the gym yesterday I stopped at Kroger to get a few things. I ran out of fruits and veggies already! I got some other things too. Here are SOME of my Grocery Staples:
Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk, clementines humus (as you can see I stocked up because they were on sale.) My favorite is edamame humus. I also got sweet potatoes, Greek yogurt, veggies (cucumbers, carrots, acorn squash, tomatoes, avocado, etc), fruits, oatmeal, and I am going to try this new peanut butter! I had some with my lunch on a toasted whole wheat sandwich thin and it was amazing!
I love when the peanut butter melts!
This is my absolute favorite kind of humus. You need to try it!
I made a huge salad for lunch using some of my grocery staples including fresh mozzarella cheese!
I used Annies Lite dressing on the side.
What a great lunch!
My snack was a handful of granola chips and a Greek Yogurt. Speaking of Greek yogurt- I hope you had a chance to enter my free giveaway of Chobani!
Jackson laid around with me most of the day!
I love my pups!
Fun Fitness Facts for Friday:
- Bodies are creatures of habit. The more you exercise, the more your body learns to burn fat rather than storing it.
- It only takes 10 days to form a habit
- It is physiologically impossible to “turn fat into muscle” but you can lose fat and gain muscle.
- A 150-lb woman, running a 10-minute-mile pace (or 6 mph) burns about 550 calories. If she ups her incline to 5 percent, that calorie burn increases to as much as 800 calories.
- You can burn 211 calories in just 15 minutes of jump roping
- If you are not a regular exerciser, by the time you are 65 you may experience as much as an 80% decrease in your muscle strength.
- Did you know that it only takes a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week? (that’s like 2 soda’s or 2 candy bars or 2 Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks–surely you can do without those right?!)
Have a good weekend!
I will be picking the winner of the Chobani Greek Yogurt Giveaway today! Good Luck!