Hello! Boy do I have a recipe to share with you guys today!
Check out my Carrot Cake Muffins!
Tuesday when I was off work I started experimenting in the kitchen. I usually do a lot of baking at home and I LOVE IT.
I am still going strong on my 30 Day Challenge of No Sweets so since carrot cake is my FAVORITE dessert, I thought I would make some healthy CARROT CAKE MUFFINS. Let me tell you these are so good and they only have 3 grams of sugar per serving!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat PASTRY flour
- 1/2 tbsp stevia blend
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce (no added sugar)
- 1/2- 1 cup shredded carrots ( I only had baby carrots and used about 8-10)
How it’s done:
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with olive oil
- Mix all DRY ingredients together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix WET ingredients together
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated together!
- The batter will be pretty wet- (from the applesauce)
- Scoop batter into muffin tins- about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake for 30 min.
- Make sure to knife check!
This batch made 10 muffins- I know weird number, not 6 or 12. They came out moist and delicious. Even my husband and step son liked them even though they don’t even have any sugar in them! That means I did good 🙂
Nutritional Info (one muffin):
A little bit of toasted unsweetened coconut on top 🙂
- 116 calories
- 4.3 fat
- 13 carbs
- 3 fiber
- 3 sugar
- 06. sugar alcohol
- 3.2 protein
They are good plain or topped with a little bit of nut butter!
Have a good day! Do something THOUGHTFUL on this Thursday!