I just want to start today by saying thank you for reading 🙂
I am very thankful for a lot of things today…. Let me start by saying that my family is so important to me and I love them dearly and I am most thankful for them today! I just lost my grandma on Wednesday and it makes me think about how precious life is.
We take life for granted a lot, at least I do! Today I want to reflect on all the things I am thankful for and be appreciative of everything I have because it could be gone just like that!
Today I want to remember the small things that I have that I don’t say “THANK YOU” for everyday, like I should.
Here are some other things I am thankful for:
- That my grandma is in Heaven with the Lord
- A Loving Savior who watches over me and keeps me safe every day!
- A wonderful family- husband, step son, parents, siblings
- A roof over me to protect me.
- Food and Water
- Good Health
- A steady job.
- Laughter and Hugs
These are only some of the things I am thankful for and I hope I continue to remember this as the days go on!
I probably will take a couple of days away from the blog world…. But I hope everyone has a great weekend!
But, The day must go on…
NEW CROSSFIT GYM
I also mentioned at the beginning of the week that I was going to try a new crossfit gym. Well I want and I loved it and these are the reasons why:
- It was SMALLER than the other crossfit gym I went to… Only 8 people in the class I attended. Previously I went to crossfit and the class was HUGE. About 40 people, and let me tell you that was not fun when I had to share a jump rope with my 5 foot tall friend. Did I mention I am 5″10?? Yea, not fun. I have scars from the swatting.
- More one-on-one attention. I increased my push jerk by like 10 pounds just from learning better form!
- Form better relationship with the trainers so they can better understand each individuals needs!
- More fun and relaxed!
What helps you decide on a crossfit gym?
15 minutes to find Maxium Jerk (split or jerk)
- 20 bottom to bottom air squats
- 50 Double Unders (or 150 single unders)
I was the fastest girl of the day coming in at 4:24. Woo hoo. This wasn’t the hardest workout I have ever done but it was fun 🙂
** I definitely need to work on getting stronger though…I have done crossfit for about a month so if I keep with it I hope to gain some more MUSCLE!
Apple Cinnamon Bake
This recipe was adapted from the blueberry muffin bake that I adore but I added and subtracted a few ingredients.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk- enough to make the consistency I wanted- almost 1/4 cup
- 1/2 – 3/4 chopped apple sprinkled with cinnamon
How its prepared:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray individual size ramekin with olive oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in wet ingredients.
- Add apples to mixture
- Poor into Ramekin and bake for 20 minutes
- Enjoy warm!
Top with Almond Butter!
Strength: 15 minutes to find 1 rep max on Farmer Carry
Mine was 220#
WOD: Each exercise is 60 seconds long so you work as hard as you can for that time!
- Ground to Shoulder Sandbag
- Burpee Box Jump
- Barbell Floor Press
- 11 Burpee Box Jumps
- 19 Ground to Shoulder with 55# bag (it was either that or 80# which I could prob only lift like 2 or 3 times)
- 20 Floor Press with 65# (I should have gone up in weight)
What a good workout and a fun time! The trainer also have a couple of boxers that were soooo sweet! I loved them! Here is the girl. Kind of blurry from my phone.
After crossfit I drank my protein shake, duh!
When I got home I snacked on some “Coco Joe” SuperSeedz which were amazing… I will be doing a review of these later. They have tons of protein in such a tiny pack!
Microwaveable Gluten Free English Muffin. I made a toasted egg sandwich including the laughing cow cinnamon cream cheese! With a side of veggies and humus.
I hope you have a THANKFUL Thursday!
Tell me one thing you are thankful for today!