I couldn’t wait for breakfast to reheat my Berry Protein Loaf. I added a scoop of almond butter and some extra blueberries! Yum!
10:45 Snack: Rocky Road UMP Shake and then some strawberries about a half hour later.
Randomness: 2 hard boiled eggs, carrots and celery with peanut butter, and the last of my Cheezy cauliflower mash.
Then a paleo sweet potato brownie! (Recipe that I promised is below…keep reading!)
4:30 Snack: Quest Protein Bar- Vanilla Almond
After crossfit I had dinner but I was too tired to make anything and this morning I woke up late- and this is serious, I got up at 6 am and was in the car by 6:15, what a record! So the crockpot tenderloin for dinner, well that didn’t happen!
Dinner: 7:45 Subway
And a blueberry goodness! What’s that you ask?! Warm blueberries with a coconut butter drizzle!
The drizzle= 2 tbsp Nikki’s coconut butter + water + 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder. Mix and microwave for about 30 seconds.
Drizzle on blueberries= Blueberry goodness!
Can you tell blueberries are one of my favorite fruits!!
And last but not least……
I have a great recipe to share with you today! My crossfit coach was telling me that he found a recipe for paleo sweet potato brownies and I knew I had to make some asap!
I do not follow the Paleo diet completely but I do enjoy making paleo recipes sometimes. Here is one that stands out for sure!
Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies
Adapted from PaleOMG
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook Sweet potato in the microwave or the oven. I cooked mine in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to incorporate everything together.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish. I used a round dish because that’s all I had.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!
Don’t eat the whole batch in one sitting. I know it is tempting!
Have a good Hump Day!