Good Afternoon! How is everyone’s week going so far??
I have an awesome giveaway today for you guys!
Albion Fit sent me their Go Long Crew with Thumb Holes to try out and I’ve been wearing it to crossfit a ton! I love it because it is considered “workout clothing” but also everyday wear, because I can wear it to the gym, while running errands, or just lounging around.
Albion Fit is a women’s fitness and swimwear company. Their mission is:
“TO PROVIDE WOMEN WITH THE MOST LUXURIOUS, FLATTERING, AND HASSLE-FREE FITNESS AND LEISURE APPAREL ON THE MARKET.”
Albion Fit is a locally, family owned company, who is committed to their environment and community by using earth friendly materials. The clothing is designed by women making it a goal for their clothing to reflect natural femininity in their designs which is perfect because they know what works best for women of all shapes and sizes!
Their adorable swimwear is also very flattering!
My Review Of the Go Long Crew:
I love the go long crew because it is true to size, and very lightweight material. Sometimes it is hard for me to find LONG, fitting, yet stylish workout clothing because I am so tall. I got a size small, and it is very flattering and fits perfectly. The crew has a long and lean fit with a spandex material that truly does flatter my waistline. It also has thumb- holes, which I think all of us LOVE!
The Fun Part:
Now that you know how much I love this crew, you can have a chance to win one! Albion fit was so gracious to give away one of their GO LONG Crew with THUMB HOLES to one FCC reader! It comes in grape, fuchsia, or rust and you get to pick which color you want!
To Enter: (Mandatory)
- Click over to the Albion Fit Website, look around and leave a comment on this post about an item that you really like.
- Like Albion Fit on Facebook
- Pin one of your favorite item from Albionfit.com onto one of your Pinterest boards.
** Don’t forget to leave extra comments on this post saying that you liked Albion Fit on Facebook or linking to your pin on Pinterest!
Earn Extra Entries By:
- Following my blog!
- Tweeting about this giveaway! Something of this nature: “I want to win a go long crew @Albionfit from @Fitcupcaker: http://fitcupcaker.com/2013/03/04/albion-fit-go-long-crew-giveaway/”
- Like Fitcupcaker on Facebook
The more ways you enter, the better chance you have at winning! That’s 6 possible entries! ** Don’t forget to leave comments saying you followed my blog, tweeted, or liked me on Facebook!
Albionfit is also offering $15 off any purchase of $50 or more with the code fitcupcaker15. This offer expires 3/10/13 so be sure to hop on over if you see something you like!
** I will pick a winner on Thursday!
Here is this week’s meal and fitness plan. I am trying some new dishes this week 🙂
- Monday: Feta Cheese Spaghetti Squash Bake- Adapted from Eat Move Balance
- Tuesday: Pasta Fagioli – Skinny Taste
- Wednesday: Crockpot Rosemary Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potato
- Thursday: Turkey Taco Casserole- Eat Live Run
- Friday: TBD – Something quick and easy!
- Saturday: Family Girl’s Night
- Sunday: TBD
This week I didn’t do a whole lot of meal prep. Once again though I did make my Berry Protein Loaf. Ready for 4 easy breakfasts on the go. I usually just add some extra blueberries, maybe a dollop of almond butter, microwave for about a minute and hit the road!
You need to make this!
I also made a huge salad that I can easily put into a container and take to work for lunches!
For Lunch I had some of the salad with a spinach and Asiago quiche that I brought home from Bonbonerie. Eric and I split it. It was so creamy and amazing and probably the best quiche I’ve ever had! I need to try to replicate it!
Fitness: Pretty plain and simple for me this week:
- Monday: Crossfit
- Tuesday: OFF
- Wednesday: Crossfit
- Thursday: Crossfit
- Friday: OFF
- Saturday: Crossfit
- Sunday: Crossfit
On Saturday I also made some cupcakes for my friend Lindsey’s birthday. I finally whipped out my Kitchenaid mixer that I got for Christmas!
We had dinner with them last night. We enjoyed a skinny girl margarita with chicken and cheese enchiladas! Yum.
And hopefully they had cupcakes for dessert 🙂
I have been trying for a while now to come up with a good Carrot Cake recipe and I have failed multiple times 😦
I finally make a carrot cupcake that I like…and the boys liked it too!
Alec said it was a 9 out of 10! Woo hoo!
They turned out so pretty If I must say so myself!
Here is the Recipe:
Carrot Cupcakes with a White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 12 Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Canola Oil – I’m sure you could use butter instead
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup + 1.5 tablespoons whole wheat flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice (apple pie spice)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the Frosting: (I didn’t measure everything completely, I am an eye baller!)
- 1/2 stick butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup high reatio shortening (I got this from Cincinnati Cake and Candy Supply)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Melted White Chocolate – Prob 1/3 cup
- Approx. 2 Cups Confectioner Sugar
- 1 tsp cream cheese flavoring
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners
- In a large electric mixer, beat together sugar and vegetable oil for about a minute
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition
- Add the dry ingredients and grated carrots alternatively, mixing briefly before each addition
- Fold in chopped nuts
- Bake for about 20 minutes
For the Frosting:
- Place shortening and butter in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Add white chocolate and salt to mixture and continue to mix until well incorporated
- Mix in cream cheese flavoring.
- Add half of the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining sugar and beat until creamy
- Do not overbeat
This is what the frosting was supposed to look like, but the tip was acting weird, so it kept coming out in little ribbons, and I actually like the look of it more! Pretty cute, huh.
How was your weekend!? I will be hosting an Albion Fit Giveaway on Tuesday! Be sure to check back in 🙂