I am doing a little catch up this morning! How has everyone’s weekend been? Last night I got to hang out with some awesome girls from work, girls nights are essential! This morning I went to crossfit Olympic Lifting and we worked on CLEANS. A whole hour of cleans! Fun, Fun.
Last week: catchup
You guys probably know that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! So go figure…. Blueberry Protein Pancakes– With some Pecans was on the menu a FEW times last week. So Delicious!
I left out the stevia and they tasted just as great!
Just make them already, seriously.
Every week at Crossfit Thursday is an “off” day. It was really crappy outside last Thursday so I decided to go to crossfit and at least get a little sweat on. I was supposed to do a baseline workout when I started crossfit 2 months ago, but never did it, so I did it on Thursday. Here was the workout:
My Baseline: (At 2 Months)
I would have finished quicker but for some reason I really struggled with the air squats. I need to get better at them!
I was happy with my time of 5:57. I used a skinny red band for my pull ups. We are supposed to repeat this in 90 days so hopefully by then I won’t have to use a band at all!
My Mom and I ate at Indigo. I love eating with my mom because we always split meals. My husband hates doing this, so I always enjoy lunch time with mom 🙂
We split a BCS- Bacon, Chicken, Spinach Salad with roasted red peppers and goat cheese- YUM. And a cajun whitefish sandwich on a pretzel bun, with apple slices. Talk about the best lunch ever!
Goat cheese=amazing! It is so creamy.
A Dinner Favorite:
Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry (Adapted from CookingChannelTV)
Who doesn’t love stir fry!?
- 1-2 cups brown rice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds- I used a premade “sweet ginger garlic” seasoning that had sesame seeds in it
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- Bean sprouts (if desired)
Put It All Together:
- Prepare your brown rice according to package. I used “boil in a bag” (so much quicker)
- When rice is done- Heat on the stove and crack one egg. Scramble together with rice.
- Add a splash of coconut aminos for taste 🙂
Sauce and Veggies:
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut aminos, rice vinegar and ginger(or seasoning). Set aside.
- Heat the grapeseed oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir the coconut aminos mixture and shrimp into the asparagus mixture. Cook 1 minute to heat through. Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the sesame oil.
Spoon the Rice onto plates and top with shrimp mixture. Add bean sprouts for extra crunch. You could also use brown rice noodles, white rice, or whatever you want really 🙂
Enjoy! I know we did!
Friday I had the best salad at lunch at work. Adding fruit to salad makes such a difference if you ask me! So juicy! With springtime finally here, I love fresh fruit such as clementines, blueberries, strawberries, mangos, peaches… I love it all.
After work my husband and I got Chicken Pad Thai and sushi for dinner! Amazing!
We started with the spring rolls. I could eat these for my meal and be done 🙂
Then Pad Thai- we split it. Finally my husband split a meal with me!!
What fuels your workout?
I got the New Fitmixer “Clean Energy” in the mail and I’ve been drinking it before my workouts! I completed the Fitmixer Bootcamp and those involved got first hand at trying this new product! It has GREAT flavor. It’s called Tigers Blood. Strawberry + Coconut = Amazing! It smells awesome too!
It does the following:
- “Fuels your workout and provides the boost you need to stay on top of your game and achieve your fitness goals”
- “Contains Raspberry ketones to help burn fat quickly while maintaining energy levels throughout your workout”
- “Delivers Palatinose, a slow burning carb designed to support sustained energy throughout the day”
- 20 calories
- 5 carbs
- 4 sugars
I feel like this has really given me the boost I need before my workouts without any negative side effects!
PS. Fellow crossfiters or anyone who wants to laugh, check out this Youtube video on “The Sh*t Crossfit Girls Say”. It is so funny!
Have a good Sunday! It’s beautiful outside and I am off to a baptism!
What fuels your workout?
Did you eat anything fun this weekend?