Good Morning! Happy Monday.
So My favorite fruit is blueberries!! I eat them year round. They are just so great by themselves or in baking! I use them in everything from protein pancakes, to healthy blueberry muffin bakes, in cereal etc. And today I made a low carb blueberry muffin with them. That’s another one of my weaknesses, besides chocolate- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS! Especially the ones with the crumble topping, omg! We all know those aren’t kind to the waistline though 🙂
With spring and summer upon us I know a lot of people are trying to watch what they eat! Here is a low carb, low sugar blueberry muffin Recipe that I hope you all will try! I used a little bit of honey and a few liquid stevia drops for sweetness. You don’t need to0 much because the blueberries are already sweet 🙂
Low Carb, Low Sugar Blueberry Muffin
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch Salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil- melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 3 drops liquid stevia (you can omit this or just add more honey if you don’t have this)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Fold in blueberries
- Pour batter into muffin paper liners
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool. Enjoy!
Makes 6 Muffins.
They are so moist, they melt in your mouth 🙂 They were filled with blueberry goodness. If you want to use less blueberries you can.
Nutritional Info: 1 Muffin
- 165 Calories
- 14 g Fat
- 7.8 g carbohydrates
- 2.5 g Fiber
- 4.5 g Sugar
- 5 g Protein
What is your favorite low carb or low sugar snack? Feel free to link up!!