You hear my talk about getting enough protein in your diet, especially if you train a lot! I love doing crossfit and I usually refuel with a protein shake afterwards, but I also love EGGS!
One egg has:
- 70 calories
- 5 grams of fat
- 0 sugar
- 6 grams of protein
- Amino acids
Word around town is that egg yolks increase our cholesterol levels but one study showed that there was actually no effect on blood cholesterol levels at all. In another recent study, it was shown that whole eggs actually increase our HDL which is our “good” cholesterol level. Meredith Melnick- HuffingtonPost
Some other facts you may not know about Egg yolks are they provide:
- B-complex vitamin choline- “happy hormone”. This also aids in fetal brain development if pregnant women eat them.
- Protect against vision loss
- Sulfer- “necessary for the production of collagen and keratin, which help create and maintain shiny hair, strong nails and glowing skin.”
We all want glowing skin right? Now, let’s get cooking!
Here are some EGG-celent ways to use eggs to get protein into your diet!
- Egg Muffins
- Mini Quiche
Egg Sandwiches such as:
- Egg Waffle-wich- These are Van’s Power Waffles. The other day my step son Alec thought they were regular waffles, put them in the toaster, and then tried them and said “these are disgusting”. That’s an 11 year old’s thought’s on “healthy waffles” for ya! Me- I love them!
- English Muffin (paleo or not) – I also love Van’s English muffins, any whole wheat brand, or you could try making this Paleo English muffin!
- On salads
- Burger Topper – This is one of my favorite ways to eat those runny eggs!
- On Salad
Eggs on the Go
What is your favorite way to eat eggs?