On this version of WIAW, I will be sharing more of my vacation eats and how you can stay on track while vacationing!
Thanks Jenn for hosting 🙂
So I just got back from Florida this past weekend, where I had an amazing time! I spent time with my family, hung out at the pool and beach, and ATE a lot! What else do you do on vacation besides eat and drink, not a whole lot! I showed you some of the scenes and food that I ate but I want to share some of the dinners that we had.
I love trying new restaurants on vacation, but you also take a gamble on the food: Will it taste good or not? For the most part I loved all the food I ate.
We made most breakfasts and lunches at the house with the groceries we bought so my most of my breakfasts were quick and easy:
- Bananas or Apples with almond butter
- Scrambled eggs
- Fruit (blueberries, strawberries)
- Toast with Almond Butter
- Greek Yogurt
- Salads (with fruit, pine nuts, added eggs for protein)
- Greek Yogurt
- Nut Thins- Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges
Most of the dinners we had were very good, and some were, well, not so good! Here are some of my meals and their ratings 🙂
Spinach Salad with Margherita Pizza – 9/10
We asked for a dessert menu and they brought out every single dessert on a huge platter, really!? Way to make it hard to say NO! We got three desserts and shared them between the 6 of us, yum.
Habachi Shrimp- 9/10
Grouper with Crab and Lobster Cream Sauce – 3/10- The fish had ZERO flavor, I was very disappointed.
Mediterranean Chicken Salad – 10/10
Now that it is bikini season we all try to eat healthy and stay on track and this is even harder come vacation time. First of all, my dad likes to eat! He loves his desserts (wonder where I got my sweet tooth!?) and snacks. We would come home from dinner to play games and hang out and he would say “Now What are we going to snack on?”
Here are some tips that I used to make healthier choices and stay on track while on vacation:
- Pack your own desserts – I bought coco roons and Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups!
- At dinner- skip the rolls/bread. These just fill you up with unnecessary carbs and calories. Leave room for the main course!
- Split Meals (which my husband never wants to do!)- Most entrees are two portions.
- Get salad dressing on the side!
- Just because everyone else is snacking all day long doesn’t mean you have to! If you do want to snack pick fruit, string cheese, protein bars or shakes, or almonds.
- If you indulge in ice creams or froyo, limit yourself. Get one scoop instead of two. This is a treat and you don’t need one every day!
Have a good Hump Day!
The Laughing Cow® provided me with product for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.
What is your favorite thing to eat on vacation? Mine is seafood (especially if I am in Florida or somewhere where it is fresh!)