On Sunday I decided If I want to be happy in a bathing suit I need get back on track with my eating clean plan:
- Drink more water. The crossfit coach says that I should drink half of my body weight in oz. So for example if you weight 150 lbs you would drink 75 oz. of water!
- PROTEIN– preferably in the morning and after workouts. I try to get a little protein in each meal and snack too 🙂
- Don’t eat out of boredom!
- My plan is to have one sweet treat per week- We will see how this works out 🙂
- More fruits and veggies.
On Sunday night I was pretty hungry after dinner so I made some protein pudding! Here is where the “more protein in diet” comes into play 🙂 You may have seen this on Instagram, and here is how the recipe goes down.
This recipe is SO SIMPLE and fast!
Vanilla Protein Pudding
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp Nikki’s Coconut Butter (I used vanilla cake batter flavor)
- In a small bowl mix protein powder with water until it forms a thin, smooth consistency. I didn’t measure but it may be about 1 tbsp. Add water slowly!
- In a separate bowl, Microwave coconut butter for 30-60 seconds until melted, be careful not to burn!
- Mix coconut butter and protein mixture together!
This morning for breakfast I pulled out the protein powder again and made a shake before my run.
After my shake I headed out for a run. I usually do the same path, which is pretty boring. I’ll switch it up If I can get a friend to go with me. I ran 4.36 miles with very LITTLE walking…I’m improving each day 🙂
After my run I met my mom for a brunch and a little shopping, nothing better than that on my day off 🙂
We ate at First Watch and I had the Casa Frittata with turkey sausage, an English muffin, and fruit.
I also got a new, smaller sized food processor which aided in making my Paleo Lemon Coconut Bites (recipe coming soon) I love this thing!
While shopping I got some new ear buds, and some gloves for crossfit…Hopefully these gloves help prevent what happened this weekend!!
To finish off the evening we had some awesome Fish Tacos with Roasted Corn Relish
The corn relish made these tacos perfect!
How was your Monday? Do you like fish tacos? My step son wasn’t a fan! He said he liked fish sticks, that’s a kid for ya!