I was so busy yesterday with cleaning, and working out, and cooking, etc etc that I didn’t get time to sit down at the computer until 8:30 at night, sheesh.
After crossfit I came home and made dinner and then I wanted to make a protein snack that I could pack for snacks to take to work and what not. I made some protein power balls on Sunday that are almost gone already, but I did have some bananas sitting around so I decided I would make banana bread! I added two and a half big scoops of protein powder to make it extra nice.
Can I tell you that I used to HATE bananas- (along with peppers, tomatoes, cottage cheese, and zucchini!) Now I love them all! I just started making myself eat them because I knew they were good for me and now I love them!
So here it is: Coconut Banana Protein Bread (Adapted From BodyBuilding.com)
- 1 cup of carton coconut milk
- 2.5 scoops Vanilla protein powder (or about 3/4 cups)
- 2 ripe bananas- mashed
- 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 drops liquid stevia -depending on how sweet you want it.
- 1/4 handful walnuts- chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour the batter in a bread pan that has been sprayed with non stick oil.
- Bake at 335 F for about 60 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
This should make 10 slices but I got a little knife happy and made a couple HUGE pieces so my loaf made 9 🙂
I immediately ate one piece and then went back for a second and slathered it with peanut butter. There is nothing better than peanut butter and banana!
I would store these in the refrigerator and reheat when you want a piece, or two 🙂