Here is this week’s meal and fitness plan. I am trying some new dishes this week 🙂
- Monday: Feta Cheese Spaghetti Squash Bake- Adapted from Eat Move Balance
- Tuesday: Pasta Fagioli – Skinny Taste
- Wednesday: Crockpot Rosemary Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potato
- Thursday: Turkey Taco Casserole- Eat Live Run
- Friday: TBD – Something quick and easy!
- Saturday: Family Girl’s Night
- Sunday: TBD
This week I didn’t do a whole lot of meal prep. Once again though I did make my Berry Protein Loaf. Ready for 4 easy breakfasts on the go. I usually just add some extra blueberries, maybe a dollop of almond butter, microwave for about a minute and hit the road!
You need to make this!
I also made a huge salad that I can easily put into a container and take to work for lunches!
For Lunch I had some of the salad with a spinach and Asiago quiche that I brought home from Bonbonerie. Eric and I split it. It was so creamy and amazing and probably the best quiche I’ve ever had! I need to try to replicate it!
Fitness: Pretty plain and simple for me this week:
- Monday: Crossfit
- Tuesday: OFF
- Wednesday: Crossfit
- Thursday: Crossfit
- Friday: OFF
- Saturday: Crossfit
- Sunday: Crossfit
On Saturday I also made some cupcakes for my friend Lindsey’s birthday. I finally whipped out my Kitchenaid mixer that I got for Christmas!
We had dinner with them last night. We enjoyed a skinny girl margarita with chicken and cheese enchiladas! Yum.
And hopefully they had cupcakes for dessert 🙂
I have been trying for a while now to come up with a good Carrot Cake recipe and I have failed multiple times 😦
I finally make a carrot cupcake that I like…and the boys liked it too!
Alec said it was a 9 out of 10! Woo hoo!
They turned out so pretty If I must say so myself!
Here is the Recipe:
Carrot Cupcakes with a White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 12 Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Canola Oil – I’m sure you could use butter instead
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup + 1.5 tablespoons whole wheat flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice (apple pie spice)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the Frosting: (I didn’t measure everything completely, I am an eye baller!)
- 1/2 stick butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup high reatio shortening (I got this from Cincinnati Cake and Candy Supply)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Melted White Chocolate – Prob 1/3 cup
- Approx. 2 Cups Confectioner Sugar
- 1 tsp cream cheese flavoring
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners
- In a large electric mixer, beat together sugar and vegetable oil for about a minute
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition
- Add the dry ingredients and grated carrots alternatively, mixing briefly before each addition
- Fold in chopped nuts
- Bake for about 20 minutes
For the Frosting:
- Place shortening and butter in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Add white chocolate and salt to mixture and continue to mix until well incorporated
- Mix in cream cheese flavoring.
- Add half of the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining sugar and beat until creamy
- Do not overbeat
This is what the frosting was supposed to look like, but the tip was acting weird, so it kept coming out in little ribbons, and I actually like the look of it more! Pretty cute, huh.
How was your weekend!? I will be hosting an Albion Fit Giveaway on Tuesday! Be sure to check back in 🙂
On Friday Eric’s Nanny and Papa gave us some oranges and grapefruit straight from Florida!
I had one of the oranges with my breakfast:
I also started my morning off right with a hard core crossfit workout!
This WOD was very deceiving!
The numbers stand for the weight for guys and girls so the Wall Balls are 20# for guys and 14# for girls.
24″ and 20″ is the height of the box for the box jumps.
My total was 200 RX. RX= As prescribed
Crossfit is the type of workout that you hate during the WOD, but you love it after!
You feel like you might die during that 15-30 minutes or however long the WOD is, but after I am always glad I did it!
After crossfit I took my mom to Bonbonerie for birthday lunch.
We each got our own pot of hot tea with cute little tea cups.
I got Jocelyn’s Quiche du Jour: Spinach & Asiago (my favorite dish from there) with a side salad.
Mom got The BonBonerie’s Famous Tea Lunch:
(Assorted finger sandwiches are served with a cup of soup or fresh fruit and a BonBonerie pastry)
It was all so amazing. Then we went to the bakery to get some sweets to take home 🙂
I got an Opera cream cupcake for Alec, a lemon square, a white chocolate macadamia brownie, and a blueberry tort!! WOW.
Also another Quiche to make for breakfast or lunch.
Trader Joe’s came next. I am in LOVE with TJ’s!
These are some of my favorite items that I got:
Crunchy Almond Butter
I’ll be out of this in about a week!
Mixed Nuts and Organic High Fiber O’s (Great for topping overnite oats to keep me full longer!)
Organic Chicken Broth and Coconut Milk
Hummus Dressing and Ready to Eat Edamama
I love ready to eat edamame just for snacking, or to put on salads. And I can’t wait to try this dressing!
Organic Coconut Oil and Sea Salt
Plus a few other things 🙂
Dinner was Wildtree Chicken Fajitas
Mine was more like a fajita burrito since I used a low carb wrap.
Fajita veggies, lettuce, cheese, tomato, avocado
And then a Pear Chobani. I love this new flavor!
Hope you had a great weekend!
What your favorite grocery store to shop at?