Every morning I wake up and I have so many options for breakfast and it is so hard to choose just one thing to eat. Well I can’t eat everything in my house, but lately I’ve really been diggin’ my Muesli Fusion cereal.
I got a little creative in the kitchen and made this cake. I’ll tell you why in a minute.
First I’ll tell you a little bit about the main ingredient in this cake:
Muesli is a healthy cereal that can be enjoyed hot or cold and is only made with good-for-you ingredients like whole grains, nuts, seeds and dried fruit. The great thing is, they do all this without added sugar, bonus! The nuts and seeds in Muesli provide protein, fiber, and omega-3’s, along with other vitamins that our bodies need!
Today I want to share a recipe with you guys that is inspired by my very own bag of Muesli Cereal! Muesli is having a recipe contest where I could win a gift card to Lululemon or Whole Foods for posting this awesome healthy cake recipe!
So check out this recipe I came up with: Your mouth will be watering before you even take it out of the oven!
Muesli Cinnamon Bun Cake with Coconut Butter Drizzle
- 1/2 cup Morning Zen Gluten Free Muesli
- 1 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (sugar free or regular)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Applesauce- no nadded sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- Spray an individual ramekin with cooking spray (smart balance)
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour batter into ramekin
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Drizzle with Coconut Butter
- Eat the Entire thing!!
For Coconut Butter Drizzle:
Pour Over Muesli Cinnamon Cake and Enjoy!
This single serving cake is so moist and delicious. The cinnamon aroma reminded me of a cinnamon bun coming straight out of the oven! Anyway, Who says you can’t have cake for breakfast, or a snack, or dessert?! I say eat it whenever you want because it is healthy! You can even split the recipe in half and make 2 muffin size portions out of it! If I were you I would eat the whole thing though 🙂
With about 10 grams of protein and little sugar you cannot go wrong with this cake!
As I told you before, this is a recipe for a contest and one winner is selected (hopefully me) by the number of Pinterest pins that they receive so I would love it if you would click over to my Pinterest page and repin this recipe! Thank you, Thank you 🙂
I couldn’t wait for breakfast to reheat my Berry Protein Loaf. I added a scoop of almond butter and some extra blueberries! Yum!
10:45 Snack: Rocky Road UMP Shake and then some strawberries about a half hour later.
Randomness: 2 hard boiled eggs, carrots and celery with peanut butter, and the last of my Cheezy cauliflower mash.
Then a paleo sweet potato brownie! (Recipe that I promised is below…keep reading!)
4:30 Snack: Quest Protein Bar- Vanilla Almond
After crossfit I had dinner but I was too tired to make anything and this morning I woke up late- and this is serious, I got up at 6 am and was in the car by 6:15, what a record! So the crockpot tenderloin for dinner, well that didn’t happen!
Dinner: 7:45 Subway
And a blueberry goodness! What’s that you ask?! Warm blueberries with a coconut butter drizzle!
The drizzle= 2 tbsp Nikki’s coconut butter + water + 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder. Mix and microwave for about 30 seconds.
Drizzle on blueberries= Blueberry goodness!
Can you tell blueberries are one of my favorite fruits!!
And last but not least……
I have a great recipe to share with you today! My crossfit coach was telling me that he found a recipe for paleo sweet potato brownies and I knew I had to make some asap!
I do not follow the Paleo diet completely but I do enjoy making paleo recipes sometimes. Here is one that stands out for sure!
Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies
Adapted from PaleOMG
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook Sweet potato in the microwave or the oven. I cooked mine in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to incorporate everything together.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish. I used a round dish because that’s all I had.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!
Don’t eat the whole batch in one sitting. I know it is tempting!
Have a good Hump Day!