Yesterday I gave you a short recap of my weekend at the BLEND retreat in the beautiful mountains of Utah! Today let’s get into more detail shall we?!
We first arrived at the beautiful Hyatt and we were all in shock at how beautiful everything was! We had a 3 bedroom, 4 bathroom suite that was slept 7 girls! The kitchen was nicer than mine at home! We were so pleased by the rooms and all the hotel staff that were so accommodating.
Soon after checking into our room we went over and got registered! First things first, NAME TAGS! There were like 100 bloggers there so we definitely needed name tags to remember everyone’s names, and blog names!
4 of us met at the airport and arrived at the hotel around 1pm.
As I mentioned before, We also got TONS of SWAG from Vega, Chobani, Nunaturals, Silk, Bobs Red Mill, and the list goes ON and ON and ON! What is SWAG you ask? All this awesomeness that was given to us is swag, and yes that is an official term. I got my first yoga mat too.
I am going to take all this fun stuff on my Florida trip. Traveling in style.
I was blown away by how generous all of these sponsors were!
After snack break we headed back to our rooms to get prepped for the cocktail hour, sponsored by Silk.
I loved meeting my roomies, Ashley, De, and Kate.
First up was appetizers, veggies, and spring rolls.
I stole this picture from Katie, thank you! You are a great photographer 🙂
Strawberry Mint Slush= YUM.
There was an awesome photo booth that we hit up a couple times!
Then came our 4 course dinner buffet. But first, our hosts gave us a little run down of what we would be eating 🙂 These girls are great. I also stole this picture from Lindsay! She has a great camera. I need it!
I was more excited for dessert really!
I tried the berry tart and the Chobani panna cotta. They both tasted delicious!
Then off to bed we went to get ready for our early morning bootcamp hosted by GPP Fitness!
If you missed BLEND this year, you have to come next year!
Fitcupcaker Weekly Meal and Fitness Plan:
I went grocery shopping with my mom on Sunday at Kroger. They are building a huge Kroger by my house and I am so pumped. I need to get over to Trader Joes sometime soon though, I miss that place!
Weekly Meal Plan: Jan 7th
- Mon: Dewey’s Pizza with girls from work
- Tues: Gingery Broccoli and Beef
- Wed: Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
- Thur: Wing it
- Fri: Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Salad
- Sat: Out to Eat
- Sun: Talapia with Veggies and Brown Rice
Weekly Fitness Plan
- Mon: OFF
- Tues: Crossfit
- Wed: OFF
- Thur: Gym- Cardio and muscle group? Depends on what we do at crossfit?
- Fri: Crossfit or Gym with my sister
- Sat: Gym
- Sun: Crossfit
I love doing tabata’s when I don’t have a specific muscle group that I need to work on. I hope you try this one!
Tabata’s are timed exercises that keep your heart rate up and keep you from getting bored 😉
I like to use my gymboss timer.
I think there are plenty of app’s for phones out there with timers.
I just set it for 20/10 and 8 Rounds
My abs are hurting , which is a good thing!
For dinner I made
Kale, chickpeas, and Sausage Soup
- 1 cup celery shopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 carrots- chopped
- 4 Chicken Sausage- Cooked and chopped
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 bunch of Kale (prob around 3 cups)
- 2-3 cups low sodium (organic if poss) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Coconut oil, or EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Heat skill with oil and cook onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add seasonings
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add in cooked sausage, and kale
- Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Top with Cheese if desired 🙂
I also made Granola Energy Balls. Yum! I ate three before I even knew what was happening!
Granola Energy Balls:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Ground oats into flour using food processor
- Mix in one cup peanut butter and baking powder
- Add honey
- Mash carrots- or use food processor- and add to mixture
- Roll mixture into balls (I made 26)
- Roll in chopped pecans
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool or they will fall apart 🙂
Nutritional Info (one ball)
- 81 calories
- 5g fat
- 7g carbs
- 3g sugar
- 1g fiber
- 4.5 g protein
You won’t be able to only just eat one!
Back to work! I hope everyone had a great weekend like I did!
What are your favorite exercises do to in tabata’s?
If you have never done a tabata, what routines are your favorite?