Tuesday I was off and it was a beautiful day! I should have went on a run!
I got a lot of stuff done around the house including:
picked up some ranch dressing and clem’s at kroger
played with the dogs
cleaned up alec’s nasty room (11 year old boys sheesh)
After my awesome breakfast of Fit French Toast I headed to the gym for a workout.
I was supposed to go to crossfit , but I already learned what they were going over in the beginner class so I went to the gym and did my own thing. I feel like if I have to be in the “beginner” class, I want to learn something new, not just the same stuff over and over. I think that is fair! Hopefully I will be able to “test out” soon.
So I pumped up the Jam myself!
I only did 2 sets of 21’s because my arms were falling off 😉
More info on some of the exercises:
21’s -(The guy on this video makes a lot of noise)
After the gym I had my usual cookies n cream protein shake with ice and water, very cold and refreshing and it held me over until lunch.
For lunch I had a pita sandwich with veggies. In the pita was shredded chicken that I made on the George Foreman and seasoned 🙂 Also inside: spinach, avocado, provolone cheese, and cucumbers.
I had some magazines ready for some good catch up.. Swimsuits already!?! It’s only January! Of course, I want to buy a new one already.
And a French vanilla PB2 protein shake made with half water, half almond milk, and ice.
I also had about 4 Granola Energy Balls throughout the day at some point 🙂 They are so addicting.
Paleo Gingery Broccoli and Beef and I also made a side of rice for the boys.
Blueberries right after dinner just because they looked so good! And they were.
I also made some hard-boiled eggs, so I had one to see how it tasted. Of course it was impossible to peel. Why is that? Someone please tell me?! I heard it was because they are either under or over cooked, but the yolk looked perfect!
I’ll leave you with a note from my devotional last night:
Have a good day!
Do you have a heart rate monitor? Because I love mine!
What is your favorite way to eat eggs?
Fitcupcaker Weekly Meal and Fitness Plan:
I went grocery shopping with my mom on Sunday at Kroger. They are building a huge Kroger by my house and I am so pumped. I need to get over to Trader Joes sometime soon though, I miss that place!
Weekly Meal Plan: Jan 7th
- Mon: Dewey’s Pizza with girls from work
- Tues: Gingery Broccoli and Beef
- Wed: Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
- Thur: Wing it
- Fri: Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Salad
- Sat: Out to Eat
- Sun: Talapia with Veggies and Brown Rice
Weekly Fitness Plan
- Mon: OFF
- Tues: Crossfit
- Wed: OFF
- Thur: Gym- Cardio and muscle group? Depends on what we do at crossfit?
- Fri: Crossfit or Gym with my sister
- Sat: Gym
- Sun: Crossfit
I love doing tabata’s when I don’t have a specific muscle group that I need to work on. I hope you try this one!
Tabata’s are timed exercises that keep your heart rate up and keep you from getting bored 😉
I like to use my gymboss timer.
I think there are plenty of app’s for phones out there with timers.
I just set it for 20/10 and 8 Rounds
My abs are hurting , which is a good thing!
For dinner I made
Kale, chickpeas, and Sausage Soup
- 1 cup celery shopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 carrots- chopped
- 4 Chicken Sausage- Cooked and chopped
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 bunch of Kale (prob around 3 cups)
- 2-3 cups low sodium (organic if poss) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Coconut oil, or EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Heat skill with oil and cook onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add seasonings
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add in cooked sausage, and kale
- Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Top with Cheese if desired 🙂
I also made Granola Energy Balls. Yum! I ate three before I even knew what was happening!
Granola Energy Balls:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Ground oats into flour using food processor
- Mix in one cup peanut butter and baking powder
- Add honey
- Mash carrots- or use food processor- and add to mixture
- Roll mixture into balls (I made 26)
- Roll in chopped pecans
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool or they will fall apart 🙂
Nutritional Info (one ball)
- 81 calories
- 5g fat
- 7g carbs
- 3g sugar
- 1g fiber
- 4.5 g protein
You won’t be able to only just eat one!
Back to work! I hope everyone had a great weekend like I did!
What are your favorite exercises do to in tabata’s?
If you have never done a tabata, what routines are your favorite?