Back to work on Monday 😦
I had Mad Hectic Almond Pecan Oatmeal for Breakfast. I added some blueberries in the mix 🙂
For lunch I packed a veggie filled salad with Annie’s Organic lite raspberry vinaigrette dressing and a Greek yogurt.
Fresh mozzarella cheese, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, orange pepper, craisins
Dinner was homemade chicken and vegetable soup that I made in the crock pot on Sunday.
- Organic low sodium chicken broth (I used about 1 cup)
- Water (I used probably about 3 cups)
- 2 chicken breasts- (I put them in the crock pot frozen)
- salt & pepper
Add everything to the crock pot! I put everything in frozen. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred the chicken and add back to the crock pot. Let Simmer and Serve!
Monday’s WOD: Biceps
I like to train my arms in one workout, typically on their own separate day because they get a secondary workout on chest and shoulder days. Sometimes I choose to do them twice a week If I can fit it in since I do want to gain more muscle in this area.
- Alternating Bicep Curl– Drop sets “Down the Rack” : meaning you literally go down the rack. I started with 25lb dumbbells and did as many reps as possible. When you cannot possibly do any more go down the rack to the 20lb dumbbells and so on. The most common is a triple drop where you use 3 different weights and do 2 weight reductions.
- Super set Bicep curls with Hand Release push ups
- Hanging Curls – Super set with Standing oblique crunches with 25 lb plate
- Hammer Curls – Negatives – super set with ab crunches on the ball- negatives
- One arm cable curl – super set with russian twists with medicine ball – 40 each
- Preacher Curl
- Plank Jack- 20
- Reshaping reach – 15
Repeat Sequence 3 times!
You can check out some of my previous posts on these exercises too!
Question of the day:
What are your favorite salad toppings?
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a fun one. Sunday was a pretty lazy day, but Alec wasn’t feeling well so we just relaxed. I didn’t feel like making an extravagant breakfast so I had a banana and a bowl of cereal. I’m like a kid, I love cereal!
Before I went to the gym I played with Lily for a bit.
Assisted Tricep dips – super set with tricep push ups (I do girl ones and I can only do like 5 each time!)
Tricep Pull down with Cable Machine – super set with ab crunches on ball (20 reps)- Go slow to really feel the burn in your abs!
Skull Crushers with EZ Bar
Cable Tricep Kick Back – super set with Incline sit ups
Seated Overhead Triceps Extension
Cable Machine Rope Pull Downs
Straight Leg Lifts with Medicine Ball 3 sets of 10-15
Planks for 30 seconds – Planks help improve core strength and stability!
Elliptical for 15 minutes.
I had a late breakfast so Lunch was a light one: Apples and peanut butter and some blueberry Greek yogurt
We are counting down the days until Christmas at the Puckett home. We are doing this by celebrating “24 Days of togetherness and Sunday we picked “Give foot massages.”
I had dinner at my parents for my dad’s birthday. We had tenderloin, rice, bread with spices in olive oil, and a salad. The tenderloin was so moist and delicious!
And ice cream cake, which I passed on because I had a handful of candy!
Me and Dad.
Question of the day:
What is your favorite Holiday candy??