First, some of you asked me for the Crossfit/Paleo Two Week Menu that I printed off as a guide. Well here it is. It’s pretty basic, simple, and kind of boring but enjoy!
Finally Warm weather! Do you know what that means!?!- Flip Flops!! Nothing could make me happier right now. We did take big jump from 60 degrees to like 80 degrees yesterday! Woo!
Since It is officially SPRING TIME I wanted to share:
What’s In My Gym Bag!
- Flip Flops (duh) Our Crossfit gym doesn’t have air conditioning- which doesn’t bother me. But in the dead of summer I’m sure it would be HOT HOT, so I make sure I have my flip flops to change into after my workout. These are PUMA sandals that I love, and I really need to buy more!
- Blender Bottle – I’ll drink my pre workout in it and then I will fill it with water at the gym. See my next item for more info on the pre workout! I also use my blender bottle to refuel with my protein shake after my workout! I like to drink it within 30 minutes of finishing.
- Pre Workout- I use Jack 3D because it doesn’t have creatine in it. Sometimes creatine can make you hold onto water and make you feel bloated. I don’t like that feeling. Also this pre workout doesn’t make me feel tingly all over like some do! This one is perfect for me. The only downfall I would say is that it is harsh on the belly, if you know what I mean. If you have any kind of intestinal issues- this would not be a good choice for you.
- My Cell Phone. I like to take pictures of my results when we write them up on the whiteboard so I don’t forget! I’ll also use my phone to take photo shots if I don’t have my regular camera. Plus, I can’t leave the house without my phone!
For example: They call me “cupcake”
- WOD Book – I love this book!! It has all the “girls” and all the “hero’s” and major lifts so you can write down the dates and how much weight you lifted etc. It’s great to have!
- Snacks! – I always pack my protein powder! Sometimes I will even pack other snacks If I am not going home to eat right away. Here are my Peanut Butter Protein Balls. Refueling with protein after a workout is essential!
- Hand Sanitizer! Crossfit gyms are pretty “not so clean” and my hands are always gross after! I love having hand sanitizer for a quick clean up!
- Deodorant – Speaking of clean — The other day I went to crossfit straight from working 10 hours. I felt like I stunk instantly, ewww 😦 Deoderant is key! You don’t want to be stinking it up!
- Tall Socks – You never know what you are going to be dead lifting or rubbing that awesome barbell up your leg! Long socks are essential for crossfit. I bruise easily too. I bought a pack at Dick’s on sale: 3 for 10!
- Crossfit Lifting Shoes– I bought the New Balance WX 20’s. Lifting shoes are so important because they help you stay on your HEELS instead of falling onto your toes. It makes a huge difference! Until I got my new shoes I had to lift in bare foot. Not fun.
- Gloves – I don’t always use the gloves because sometimes they make lifting harder believe it or not, but I do like to have them just in case I need them. After doing a million pull ups, or toes to bar your hands can get pretty raw 😦
- Headbands – well I think it’s a given why these are needed.
- Headphones/earbuds – We rarely use headphones at the crossfit gym. The only time they allow it is when we are running or rowing long distances. They pump up the jam usually so we have plenty of noise to keep us distracted. Not to mention the coaches yelling, keeping us motivated!
I wish I had these!!
One thing I need that I don’t have is WRIST STRAPS.
Now that you know what I carry around, What’s in your Gym Bag?
I ‘m back. I took a little blogger break this weekend…. I hope all my fellow blogger friends are shoveling their way out of “Nemo” and surviving! Maybe you are getting lots of chores done around the house, fun fun!!
I hope you guys are having an awesome weekend though …I am about to go to the in-laws for brunch. They are originally from down South in Kentucky and southern cookin’ is what they do! Hopefully I can make some healthy choices to start my day 🙂 I’ll let you know.
I want to give you my meal and fitness plan this week:
My meal plan this past week was a little bit different than I thought it would be….This will be a tentative meal plan because you never know what’s going to happen!
Weekly Meal Plan:
Monday- Quinoa Pizza Casserole (Hopefully Alec will eat this)
Tuesday- Wildtree Tortilla Soup
Thursday- Greek Chicken Burgers with Cheezy Cauliflower Mash
Saturday- Out for Valentines day!
As you know I joined a new crossfit gym. It is pretty small and the max amount of people allowed in each class is 8! I like it because there is a lot of one on one attention and the other day we worked on “cleans” for over an hour…which I still haven’t mastered!
I’ve been doing crossfit for about a month and a half so I still consider myself a “newbie.” I feel like “cleans” and “snatches” are two of the hardest moves, and to be honest the “snatch” kind of scares me!
Here are some crossfit tips for beginners that I really like:
Snatch Balance Tips – I have never been that great with balance and if you can sympathize with me on this then you need to read this article.
Here are a few tips when performing the snatch balance:
- Brace before you dip and drive under. Say tight throughout the lift until you stand back up.
- Keep your hands loose so you can press under faster. A death grip will slow down the bar when you dip and drive.
- Focus on pressing under the bar as opposed to pressing the bar up.
- Try to receive the bar at the point at which the bar is weightless. Don’t drop down and let the weight crash on you.
- Go only as low as you can maintain good shoulder position.
Monday – 3 month fit test!! Let’s see what kind of progress I’ve made: Also Biceps + Cardio– Push Up Challenge
Thursday – Crossfit
Friday- Gym (depends on what we do at crossfit during the week)- Push Up Challenge
Saturday – Crossfit
Sunday – ? Not sure yet…
Make Hard Boiled Eggs for Avocado Egg Salad
Carrot Cake Protein Bars – my two favorite things: carrot cake + Protein
Grocery List: These are the IMPORTANT items
- Fresh Veggies: spinach, cauliflower, lemons, chickpeas, avocados, etc
- Milk/ Eggs/Shredded Cheese/ Feta Cheese/ Plain greek yogurt (dipping sauce for sweet potato crisps)
- Peanut Butter
- Frozen Veggies- brussels sprouts, broccoli
- Sweet Potatoes
- Ground Turkey
- Baby food carrots (for protein bars- I know its weird, but if you watch her video she uses them, so I’m going to try it!)
- Treats for my foodie penpal
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Are you doing the foodie penpals??
What are some of your meal planning options this week?