I thought I would start out today with some
For every necklace (or keychain) that you purchase on Etsy for only 35.00 you will be sponsoring a gift for a Sandy Hook Elementary School teacher. This is an effort to reach out to those teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary showing them the love and support for their service to children. Their goal is to send one to EVERY teacher at this school. How awesome is this?
Baby Food Diet: ( I do not think this is fantastic) 😉 Jennifer Aniston ate 14 servings of baby food a day while trying to slim down for a movie role. Really? I don’t think anything could make me want to eat baby food that bad!
Citrus Zinger: Brookstone has a water bottle that is BPA Free and dishwasher safe that you can put fruit in to flavor your water. It has a compartment at the bottom where you add the fruit, screw on the lid, add the water, and wala! I need to buy this!
So Saturday was a beautiful day and it was 63 degrees out again! Unfortunately I was at work all day, boo. But I hope you all enjoyed it.
For breakfast I whipped up a Microwaveable English Muffin with almond flour. Let me tell you it is one of my staples now, as you probably notice! It only has 5 ingredients and it is very easy to make!
Grainless Microwaveable English Muffin
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
I ate mine with 1 whole egg, 1 egg white and a laughing cow cinnamon cream cheese wedge! I also toasted it 🙂
Which brings me to…
Snacks I’ve been loving and most of which I had today:
Emerald Dark Chocolate Almonds- I think I ate half of this container on Saturday!
UMP (ultimate muscle protein) Cookies N Cream Protein (Beverly International now has a Rocky Road flavor that I want to try)
The Laughing Cow– (Cinnamon cream cheese and strawberry cream cheese!)
Pita Turkey and Cheese Melt
Inside: turkey, thin provolone, romaine, tomato, avocado
On the side: hard-boiled egg and orange peppers
Since my body (and when I say body I really mean my whole body) is so sore from the week I took another day off from the gym. My back, shoulders, thighs, hamstrings, and even my abs hurt!
Since I am a nurse and I walk around a lot, I must say my job was pretty hard on Saturday. Tomorrow I will hit up the gym and probably do a combo of some cardio, or a tabata or something. Whatever I do will be AWESOME, so be looking out for it for sure 🙂
After Alec’s basketball game we came home and watched football, FUN! So since I am doing a 30 day challenge of no sweets, I haven’t been craving them too bad really, until I saw a blog post about a single serve brownie!
After reading the ingredients I figured this would be OK for me to eat because it barely even has any sugar in it!
Healthy Brownie In A Mug
- 1 tbsp chunky almond butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 tbsp liquid egg white (Next time I will just use the whole egg white- since mine turned out a little dry)
- 1 stevia packet
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (I don’t have an 1/8 so I just guessed)
- pinch of baking soda (I’ve seen it made with baking powder too)
- pinch of salt
Microwave for 30 seconds and Enjoy!
I checked mine at 15 seconds and it was almost done, so I think next time I will keep it around a 20 second nuke! It was a little dry but still tasted great! Next time will be even better!
You still have time to enter the CHOBANI GREEK YOGURT FREE GIVEAWAY!
Good Luck. I will pick a winner on Monday 🙂
Fitcupcaker Weekly Meal and Fitness Plan:
I went grocery shopping with my mom on Sunday at Kroger. They are building a huge Kroger by my house and I am so pumped. I need to get over to Trader Joes sometime soon though, I miss that place!
Weekly Meal Plan: Jan 7th
- Mon: Dewey’s Pizza with girls from work
- Tues: Gingery Broccoli and Beef
- Wed: Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
- Thur: Wing it
- Fri: Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Salad
- Sat: Out to Eat
- Sun: Talapia with Veggies and Brown Rice
Weekly Fitness Plan
- Mon: OFF
- Tues: Crossfit
- Wed: OFF
- Thur: Gym- Cardio and muscle group? Depends on what we do at crossfit?
- Fri: Crossfit or Gym with my sister
- Sat: Gym
- Sun: Crossfit
I love doing tabata’s when I don’t have a specific muscle group that I need to work on. I hope you try this one!
Tabata’s are timed exercises that keep your heart rate up and keep you from getting bored 😉
I like to use my gymboss timer.
I think there are plenty of app’s for phones out there with timers.
I just set it for 20/10 and 8 Rounds
My abs are hurting , which is a good thing!
For dinner I made
Kale, chickpeas, and Sausage Soup
- 1 cup celery shopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 carrots- chopped
- 4 Chicken Sausage- Cooked and chopped
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 bunch of Kale (prob around 3 cups)
- 2-3 cups low sodium (organic if poss) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Coconut oil, or EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Heat skill with oil and cook onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add seasonings
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add in cooked sausage, and kale
- Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Top with Cheese if desired 🙂
I also made Granola Energy Balls. Yum! I ate three before I even knew what was happening!
Granola Energy Balls:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Ground oats into flour using food processor
- Mix in one cup peanut butter and baking powder
- Add honey
- Mash carrots- or use food processor- and add to mixture
- Roll mixture into balls (I made 26)
- Roll in chopped pecans
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool or they will fall apart 🙂
Nutritional Info (one ball)
- 81 calories
- 5g fat
- 7g carbs
- 3g sugar
- 1g fiber
- 4.5 g protein
You won’t be able to only just eat one!
Back to work! I hope everyone had a great weekend like I did!
What are your favorite exercises do to in tabata’s?
If you have never done a tabata, what routines are your favorite?