I have a great product review to share with you today!
Quest Nutrition Protein Bars!
You have probably seen me writing about these great protein bars for a little while now!
Quest Nutrition was so kind to send me a sample box of their awesome protein bars!
They are GLUTEN FREE for all you lovers of gluten free products! They also have NO ADDED sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Each bar only has 4-6 grams of NON FIBER CARBS!
And they all have 20 grams of protein!
And they are all HIGH Fiber!
The cinnamon roll, strawberry cheesecake, Lemon Cream Pie, and Chocolate peanut butter all have sugar alcohols in them, but the most is 5 grams per bar, and again they all have 20 grams of protein!
You can read about Sugar Alcohols here.
The cinnamon roll flavor seriously tasted like I was eating a real cinnamon roll. Who wouldn’t love that!!?
I think this one might be dessert tonight!!
One negative is that the original line does contain sucralose which is an artificial sweetener, which I do try to avoid.
The other night I had the apple pie bar, and I warmed it in the microwave for 15 seconds and it tasted like warm apple pie without the guilt!
With only 3 grams of sugar, you have a healthy dessert!
The good thing about these protein bars are that they don’t have that chalky protein taste to them. They have tons of flavor and I actually ENJOY eating them, unlike some other protein bars I’ve had.
The peanut butter supreme was also amazing if you are a peanut butter fan like I am!
The coconut cashew was so sweet and it kept me full for hours!
I haven’t made my way through the whole box yet, but I haven’t been disappointed yet! I am excited to try the rest!
Have you ever tried Quest Protein Bars?
All this talk about food brings me to another meal and dessert that I had the other night that I really wanted to share with you guys because it is the bomb!
First, Pasta Fagioli with Parmesan cheese on top.
I’m glad this recipe called to blend the beans, because I am all about textures and I hate the texture of beans. I’m trying to get over it.
A veggie salad with mini “healthy croutons” and a cheesewich on low car tortilla, yes I said cheesewich- melted on the panini grill. I wanted to eat this meal all over again!
And a Low carb and sugar HEALTHY dessert!
The only difference is this time I used UMP (Ultimate Muscle Protein) Vanilla instead of chocolate. I think I actually liked it better with the vanilla but you can decide for yourself when you try it 🙂
And the winner via random.org of the Albion Fit Go Long Crew is:
True Random Number Generator Result:15:
Submitted on 2013/03/04 at 5:27 pm
Followed your blog via WordPress!
Congratulations Larissa!! Please email at fitcupcaker at gmail dot com with your last name and address so Albion Fit can get you the awesome crew you just won!
Have a great day!
Here is this week’s meal and fitness plan. I am trying some new dishes this week 🙂
- Monday: Feta Cheese Spaghetti Squash Bake- Adapted from Eat Move Balance
- Tuesday: Pasta Fagioli – Skinny Taste
- Wednesday: Crockpot Rosemary Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potato
- Thursday: Turkey Taco Casserole- Eat Live Run
- Friday: TBD – Something quick and easy!
- Saturday: Family Girl’s Night
- Sunday: TBD
This week I didn’t do a whole lot of meal prep. Once again though I did make my Berry Protein Loaf. Ready for 4 easy breakfasts on the go. I usually just add some extra blueberries, maybe a dollop of almond butter, microwave for about a minute and hit the road!
You need to make this!
I also made a huge salad that I can easily put into a container and take to work for lunches!
For Lunch I had some of the salad with a spinach and Asiago quiche that I brought home from Bonbonerie. Eric and I split it. It was so creamy and amazing and probably the best quiche I’ve ever had! I need to try to replicate it!
Fitness: Pretty plain and simple for me this week:
- Monday: Crossfit
- Tuesday: OFF
- Wednesday: Crossfit
- Thursday: Crossfit
- Friday: OFF
- Saturday: Crossfit
- Sunday: Crossfit
On Saturday I also made some cupcakes for my friend Lindsey’s birthday. I finally whipped out my Kitchenaid mixer that I got for Christmas!
We had dinner with them last night. We enjoyed a skinny girl margarita with chicken and cheese enchiladas! Yum.
And hopefully they had cupcakes for dessert 🙂
I have been trying for a while now to come up with a good Carrot Cake recipe and I have failed multiple times 😦
I finally make a carrot cupcake that I like…and the boys liked it too!
Alec said it was a 9 out of 10! Woo hoo!
They turned out so pretty If I must say so myself!
Here is the Recipe:
Carrot Cupcakes with a White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 12 Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Canola Oil – I’m sure you could use butter instead
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup + 1.5 tablespoons whole wheat flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice (apple pie spice)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the Frosting: (I didn’t measure everything completely, I am an eye baller!)
- 1/2 stick butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup high reatio shortening (I got this from Cincinnati Cake and Candy Supply)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Melted White Chocolate – Prob 1/3 cup
- Approx. 2 Cups Confectioner Sugar
- 1 tsp cream cheese flavoring
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners
- In a large electric mixer, beat together sugar and vegetable oil for about a minute
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition
- Add the dry ingredients and grated carrots alternatively, mixing briefly before each addition
- Fold in chopped nuts
- Bake for about 20 minutes
For the Frosting:
- Place shortening and butter in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Add white chocolate and salt to mixture and continue to mix until well incorporated
- Mix in cream cheese flavoring.
- Add half of the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining sugar and beat until creamy
- Do not overbeat
This is what the frosting was supposed to look like, but the tip was acting weird, so it kept coming out in little ribbons, and I actually like the look of it more! Pretty cute, huh.
How was your weekend!? I will be hosting an Albion Fit Giveaway on Tuesday! Be sure to check back in 🙂