Let’s start this day off right, with WIAW.
Thank you JENN, for always hosting 🙂
I’m going to start a little different: with DESSERT, because I forgot to post this awesome dessert the other night!
And there is ONE dried cranberry in there. I have no idea where that came from!
Okay now on to some more of my favorites:
BREAKFAST: (6 am)
If you read my blog yesterday you know I got an awesome treat in the mail. Uncle Sam’s Cereal!
So I had to incorporate this into my meal, with so much fiber and protein, I knew it would hold me over at work for at least a few hours 😉
I also topped it with a little bit of Cinnamon Harvest, and blueberries, with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon. HOLY YUM. If you don’t like cereal you have a problem!
Beverly International Cookies N Cream Protein Shake and a hard boiled egg
Also one mini Twix
Veggie Salad with Chicken, Feta cheese, and 1/2 of an Avocado
With a Chobani strawberry Greek yogurt
Carrot Cake Protein Square and some strawberries
SNACK AGAIN: (6:30)
Superseedz (sea salt)
These little tiny packs have 9 grams of protein!
Wildtree Chicken Tortilla Soup (corn, and tomatoes in the mix)
With a low carb tortilla with melted cheese (warmed on the panini grill)
(not the same night as the protein brownie!)
Carrot Cake Protein Bar with Peanut Butter
Lily got in on the action- an empty PB jar!
She probably would have eaten the whole jar I she had it her way.
Anyone getting excited for Valentine’s Day? Any special Plans??
I found an awesome DIY gift Idea that I am putting together for Eric, but I can’t post it because he may be reading this, just maybe!
*** Be looking out for it!**
Here are some other cute Budget Friendly DIY V-Day gift Ideas if you are interested:
Have A Good Wednesday, Half of the week is OVER already!
I just want to start today by saying thank you for reading 🙂
I am very thankful for a lot of things today…. Let me start by saying that my family is so important to me and I love them dearly and I am most thankful for them today! I just lost my grandma on Wednesday and it makes me think about how precious life is.
We take life for granted a lot, at least I do! Today I want to reflect on all the things I am thankful for and be appreciative of everything I have because it could be gone just like that!
Today I want to remember the small things that I have that I don’t say “THANK YOU” for everyday, like I should.
Here are some other things I am thankful for:
- That my grandma is in Heaven with the Lord
- A Loving Savior who watches over me and keeps me safe every day!
- A wonderful family- husband, step son, parents, siblings
- A roof over me to protect me.
- Food and Water
- Good Health
- A steady job.
- Laughter and Hugs
These are only some of the things I am thankful for and I hope I continue to remember this as the days go on!
I probably will take a couple of days away from the blog world…. But I hope everyone has a great weekend!
But, The day must go on…
NEW CROSSFIT GYM
I also mentioned at the beginning of the week that I was going to try a new crossfit gym. Well I want and I loved it and these are the reasons why:
- It was SMALLER than the other crossfit gym I went to… Only 8 people in the class I attended. Previously I went to crossfit and the class was HUGE. About 40 people, and let me tell you that was not fun when I had to share a jump rope with my 5 foot tall friend. Did I mention I am 5″10?? Yea, not fun. I have scars from the swatting.
- More one-on-one attention. I increased my push jerk by like 10 pounds just from learning better form!
- Form better relationship with the trainers so they can better understand each individuals needs!
- More fun and relaxed!
What helps you decide on a crossfit gym?
15 minutes to find Maxium Jerk (split or jerk)
- 20 bottom to bottom air squats
- 50 Double Unders (or 150 single unders)
I was the fastest girl of the day coming in at 4:24. Woo hoo. This wasn’t the hardest workout I have ever done but it was fun 🙂
** I definitely need to work on getting stronger though…I have done crossfit for about a month so if I keep with it I hope to gain some more MUSCLE!
Apple Cinnamon Bake
This recipe was adapted from the blueberry muffin bake that I adore but I added and subtracted a few ingredients.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk- enough to make the consistency I wanted- almost 1/4 cup
- 1/2 – 3/4 chopped apple sprinkled with cinnamon
How its prepared:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray individual size ramekin with olive oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in wet ingredients.
- Add apples to mixture
- Poor into Ramekin and bake for 20 minutes
- Enjoy warm!
Top with Almond Butter!
Strength: 15 minutes to find 1 rep max on Farmer Carry
Mine was 220#
WOD: Each exercise is 60 seconds long so you work as hard as you can for that time!
- Ground to Shoulder Sandbag
- Burpee Box Jump
- Barbell Floor Press
- 11 Burpee Box Jumps
- 19 Ground to Shoulder with 55# bag (it was either that or 80# which I could prob only lift like 2 or 3 times)
- 20 Floor Press with 65# (I should have gone up in weight)
What a good workout and a fun time! The trainer also have a couple of boxers that were soooo sweet! I loved them! Here is the girl. Kind of blurry from my phone.
After crossfit I drank my protein shake, duh!
When I got home I snacked on some “Coco Joe” SuperSeedz which were amazing… I will be doing a review of these later. They have tons of protein in such a tiny pack!
Microwaveable Gluten Free English Muffin. I made a toasted egg sandwich including the laughing cow cinnamon cream cheese! With a side of veggies and humus.
I hope you have a THANKFUL Thursday!
Tell me one thing you are thankful for today!