Hello! This is the longest Post Title Ever I know. But I wanted you to know what you were getting yourself into 🙂
You still have time to enter my giveaway from Attune Foods! One reader will win two boxes of healthy Cereal! Head over and enter if you haven’t had a chance yet!!
Now, what’s going on in the kitchen for the week. Lets see:
Monday: Wildtree Talapia
Tuesday: Out to Dinner (date night)
Wednesday: Wing it
Thursday: Crockpot Tex Mex Chicken lettuce wraps
Saturday: Wildtree Rosemary Pork Tenderloin (tentative?)
Sunday: Wildtree Shrimp Scampi
Tuesday: Gym (prob arms/chest)
Thursday: OFF- Or Crossfit If I get off Work in time!?!
Saturday: Gym after work- Cardio + something? 🙂
Quinoa Raisin Granola Bars (recipe below)
- The original recipe called for 1/4 cup honey. I used two tbsp honey and 2 tbsp apple sauce (no added sugar).
Avocados: For Salads and Tuna/Avocado/Egg Salad
Make A Big Salad for Lunches
Quinoa Raisin Granola Bars
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (because I love it)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray Pan with Non stick spray.
- Mix all Dry ingredients together into a bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients together and heat on stove top until melted
- Stir wet ingredients together until smooth
- Add wet ingredients into Dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares
Whats your go to meal prep every week?
I ‘m back. I took a little blogger break this weekend…. I hope all my fellow blogger friends are shoveling their way out of “Nemo” and surviving! Maybe you are getting lots of chores done around the house, fun fun!!
I hope you guys are having an awesome weekend though …I am about to go to the in-laws for brunch. They are originally from down South in Kentucky and southern cookin’ is what they do! Hopefully I can make some healthy choices to start my day 🙂 I’ll let you know.
I want to give you my meal and fitness plan this week:
My meal plan this past week was a little bit different than I thought it would be….This will be a tentative meal plan because you never know what’s going to happen!
Weekly Meal Plan:
Monday- Quinoa Pizza Casserole (Hopefully Alec will eat this)
Tuesday- Wildtree Tortilla Soup
Thursday- Greek Chicken Burgers with Cheezy Cauliflower Mash
Saturday- Out for Valentines day!
As you know I joined a new crossfit gym. It is pretty small and the max amount of people allowed in each class is 8! I like it because there is a lot of one on one attention and the other day we worked on “cleans” for over an hour…which I still haven’t mastered!
I’ve been doing crossfit for about a month and a half so I still consider myself a “newbie.” I feel like “cleans” and “snatches” are two of the hardest moves, and to be honest the “snatch” kind of scares me!
Here are some crossfit tips for beginners that I really like:
Snatch Balance Tips – I have never been that great with balance and if you can sympathize with me on this then you need to read this article.
Here are a few tips when performing the snatch balance:
- Brace before you dip and drive under. Say tight throughout the lift until you stand back up.
- Keep your hands loose so you can press under faster. A death grip will slow down the bar when you dip and drive.
- Focus on pressing under the bar as opposed to pressing the bar up.
- Try to receive the bar at the point at which the bar is weightless. Don’t drop down and let the weight crash on you.
- Go only as low as you can maintain good shoulder position.
Monday – 3 month fit test!! Let’s see what kind of progress I’ve made: Also Biceps + Cardio– Push Up Challenge
Thursday – Crossfit
Friday- Gym (depends on what we do at crossfit during the week)- Push Up Challenge
Saturday – Crossfit
Sunday – ? Not sure yet…
Make Hard Boiled Eggs for Avocado Egg Salad
Carrot Cake Protein Bars – my two favorite things: carrot cake + Protein
Grocery List: These are the IMPORTANT items
- Fresh Veggies: spinach, cauliflower, lemons, chickpeas, avocados, etc
- Milk/ Eggs/Shredded Cheese/ Feta Cheese/ Plain greek yogurt (dipping sauce for sweet potato crisps)
- Peanut Butter
- Frozen Veggies- brussels sprouts, broccoli
- Sweet Potatoes
- Ground Turkey
- Baby food carrots (for protein bars- I know its weird, but if you watch her video she uses them, so I’m going to try it!)
- Treats for my foodie penpal
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Are you doing the foodie penpals??
What are some of your meal planning options this week?