Back to work on Monday 😦
I had Mad Hectic Almond Pecan Oatmeal for Breakfast. I added some blueberries in the mix 🙂
For lunch I packed a veggie filled salad with Annie’s Organic lite raspberry vinaigrette dressing and a Greek yogurt.
Fresh mozzarella cheese, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, orange pepper, craisins
Dinner was homemade chicken and vegetable soup that I made in the crock pot on Sunday.
- Organic low sodium chicken broth (I used about 1 cup)
- Water (I used probably about 3 cups)
- 2 chicken breasts- (I put them in the crock pot frozen)
- salt & pepper
Add everything to the crock pot! I put everything in frozen. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred the chicken and add back to the crock pot. Let Simmer and Serve!
Monday’s WOD: Biceps
I like to train my arms in one workout, typically on their own separate day because they get a secondary workout on chest and shoulder days. Sometimes I choose to do them twice a week If I can fit it in since I do want to gain more muscle in this area.
- Alternating Bicep Curl– Drop sets “Down the Rack” : meaning you literally go down the rack. I started with 25lb dumbbells and did as many reps as possible. When you cannot possibly do any more go down the rack to the 20lb dumbbells and so on. The most common is a triple drop where you use 3 different weights and do 2 weight reductions.
- Super set Bicep curls with Hand Release push ups
- Hanging Curls – Super set with Standing oblique crunches with 25 lb plate
- Hammer Curls – Negatives – super set with ab crunches on the ball- negatives
- One arm cable curl – super set with russian twists with medicine ball – 40 each
- Preacher Curl
- Plank Jack- 20
- Reshaping reach – 15
Repeat Sequence 3 times!
You can check out some of my previous posts on these exercises too!
Question of the day:
What are your favorite salad toppings?
Last night I had sushi for dinner with some of my girl friends! We split three different rolls and we also split chicken Pad Thai. I was so hungry and it was all so delicious! I could have eaten like 35 rolls.
We dug right into the Pad Thai before she could even bring us extra plates!
This morning for breakfast I woke up very hungry so I made
Pumpkin Protein Oatmeal:
I made mine in the microwave since I was in a little bit of a hurry.
Mix oats with almond milk, water and egg whites ( I didn’t measure anything) and microwave for one minute. Stir, add in one heaping scoop of pumpkin and more water to make it the thickness you desire. I also added the stevia at this time too. Microwave for one more minute. Add pumpkin pie spice. Top with pecans and granola. No peanut butter this morning. 😦
After breakfast I went to the gym with my sister. We 20 minutes on the elliptical followed by a chest workout.
Bench Press – We did reps of 12,10,8,6 increasing in weight
Incline Chest press with Dumbbells – super set with flys with 10 lb dumbbells
Cable Chest Flys – superset with chests flys on “pec deck”
We were done after this! I hate doing chest exercises, but I still do them 🙂 I burned 671 calories, 43% of which were fat calories!
You can see my other chest exercises on my fitness page!
Even though I don’t always enjoy working the chest muscles, I still do because you shouldn’t skip over muscles. Doing the bench press can actually help work your triceps too!
We (my sister and I) usually do not do push ups on chest day, simply because I would only be able to do like 5! We super set other exercises with push ups usually on back/shoulders & bicep days. Since the chest is such a large muscle area, training it will burn more calories than training smaller muscle groups and will lead to a better rate of burning fat!
What is your least favorite workout??
And don’t forget to leave a comment on my previous post for a chance to win free Chobani Greek Yogurt!!